Table of Contents
- 1 This Is One of the Best Centrifugal Juicers On the Market
- 1.1 Features:
- 1.2 How Does it Clean Up?
- 1.3 How Large is it?
- 1.4 Price and Warranty
- 1.5 Does This Breville Juicer Juice Leafy Greens Such as Kale or Spinach?
- 1.6 Noise Factor
- 1.7 Pros
- 1.8 Cons
- 1.9 Tips For Keeping Your Breville Juicer in Good Working Order
- 1.10 ==>> Find The Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite Here <<==
This Is One of the Best Centrifugal Juicers On the Market
The Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor is an attractive, sturdy, powerful centrifugal juicer that you would be proud to display on your counter top. It definitely is a 5 star product. Out of 2,130 ratings on Amazon at the time of this writing, 1,623 gave it a 5 star rating.
Although the parts for the Breville juicers are manufactured and assembled in China, they are designed and engineered in Australia. Constructed of heavy grade stainless steel, it’s built to last, looks very modern and is easy to clean.
(4.6 / 5)
- Nutri Disc with cutting blades reinforced with titanium, attached to the filter basket
- 34 oz. juice pitcher with a froth separator
- 3″ wide chute to handle medium size apples and oranges without having to cut them in half
- Die-cast metal body for attractiveness and ease of cleaning
- Large pulp container with a handle for easy disposal
- A short cord that wraps around the feet under the base for out of sight storage between uses
- Locking arm that holds everything tightly in place
- Protection from over-heating with a shut-off valve that senses when it is over-stressed
- Instruction manual with a few juicing recipes
How Does it Clean Up?
This Breville Juice Fountain is easy to clean as long as you do it immediately after juicing. All the pieces come apart easily and the juice collector, Nutri Disc, pulp collector and pitcher can be washed in the dishwasher on the top rack. However, the food pusher should be washed by hand in the sink, which only takes a few seconds.
The filter basket should be scrubbed out using the included brush to keep it from getting clogged. If it does seem to be getting particles stuck in it, you can soak it in warm soapy water for several minutes and then scrub and rinse.
One of the best ways to keep from having to clean the pulp collector is to simply line it with a produce bag. You can then freeze the pulp, use it in muffins or soup, or put it out in the compost pile. If you happen to raise worms, they would love the pulp as well.
How Large is it?
This juice extractor stands 17″ tall and doesn’t take up much room width-wise so if you have a tall enough space on your counter, it will look nice sitting out there all the time, ready for use. It weighs about 9 lbs., so it’s actually lighter than some others.
The two speed controls give you the option of running soft fruits and vegetables through on the low, 6500 rpm, speed or firmer produce at the faster, 13,000 rpm speed.
At 1000 watts, this juicer zips through just about any juicy produce you can toss in it. That means you can’t put bananas, avocados, or nuts in it because they don’t have juice to extricate. They are best thrown into a blender and you can always add the blender mix to any juice you want after you’re done juicing. You can make some good smoothies that way.
The 110 volt plug will work in any electrical outlet in your home and also has a handy finger hole integrated into the plug so you can remove it from the outlet very easily without pulling on the cord itself.
However, you don’t want to run your juicer on the same current as other kitchen appliances IF you are running a few appliances at the same time, as this may cause your juicer to not run at its optimum capacity.
Price and Warranty
Since prices change often on Amazon, it’s best to go there and find out the current price.
As far as the warranty on this juicing machine, the warranty that comes from the Breville company is only for 1 year.
However, if you purchase it from Amazon, you have the option of buying the SquareTrade warranty for under $35 and it is good for 3 years for any mechanical or electrical failures. With this warranty you also receive free two way shipping if you should need to return your machine for repairs or replacement.
Does This Breville Juicer Juice Leafy Greens Such as Kale or Spinach?
This, along with other centrifugal juicers, is primarily geared toward juicing fruit and vegetables that are either soft or hard and contain juice. That being said, there are a few ways to juice leafy greens with this juicer.
Inserting any produce that is loose and flimsy, such as kale, into the chute by itself, will not do much other than cause it to be thrown into the pulp bin. If you wrap it up tight into a ball and put it alongside something such as an apple, you should be able to juice it just fine on the higher speed.
You can also ball it up inside a pepper that’s been cut in half. Or you might also want to try wrapping it around something like a carrot.
If you want to juice the kale, spinach or whatever by itself, you will still need to ball it up into a tight, firm ball and juice it on the low speed because it will still be considered a softer piece of produce, which does best on low speed. However, you might not get as much juice out of leafy veggies with a centrifugal juicer as you would with a masticating one.
On high speed, this is a little noisier than some machines. However, putting a towel underneath it can help lessen the noise, but it may be something to consider if you live in an apartment or plan on juicing in the early morning when others might be trying to sleep.
- The cutting blades are reinforced for longevity
- It makes great tasting juice in large quantities
- It’s fast acting – usually takes just a few seconds to fill an 8 oz. glass
- The juicing machine will automatically shut off if it gets overloaded and will only re-start after it has cooled down
- Because of the friction heat, the juice is quickly oxidized, so you must drink it within minutes to get the full benefit of the enzymes and nutrients
- A little noisy at high speed
- Isn’t as good as a masticator for juicing greens and wheatgrass
- Limited 1 yr. factory warranty
- The chute is directly above the blade, causing some produce to fly back up the chute after dropping them down. I do feel that this can be controlled, though, simply by covering the opening with your hand or the food pusher
- It is more expensive than some other centrifugal juicers
Tips For Keeping Your Breville Juicer in Good Working Order
- Don’t put nuts or frozen vegetables and fruit in it. Also remove any pits, such as from apricots and cherries.
- Peel citrus fruit to prevent an acidic taste in your juice.
- When juicing large quantities, don’t use the machine on high speed for more than a minute. Let it rest for a minute to cool it down and prevent the auto shut-off from kicking in.
- Only use high speed for hard fruits and veggies, as using the slower speed puts more strain on the motor.
If you’re juicing something such as watermelon, with its high water content, be sure to push the food down slowly through the chute to prevent any juice from spilling over the filter housing, which can happen if it gets too much liquid in there at a time.
The official website for The Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor is http://www.brevilleusa.com/die-cast-juice-fountain-elite.html
Replacement parts can be found here.
In summary, this is a good juicer for the price and from looking over all the reviews at various sites, I didn’t notice any major problems that couldn’t be dealt with. So if you’re looking for something a little more heavy duty than a single speed, the Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite may be the juicer for you.